Wednesday, September 16, 2009

binding and baking



this morning i have been trying to squeeze some hand stitching into every spare minute i have. should you have peeked through my kitchen window this morning you would have seen me flipping pancakes and stitching on binding in hurried intervals. quite the spectacle i am sure.

while i give myself room for a little imperfection throughout my quilts, i think that the binding should look flawless. i have yet to achieve a flawless bind of course, but i get better each time. this is the best tutorial for binding that i have come across. it's from miss heather bailey and i can't imagine that there is an easier way of explaining it.

for this quilt i cut 2.5" strips and then pressed it in a centerfold. at first i started kicking myself that i hadn't just stuck to 3" strips which has been my favored size, but now that it's almost complete i am really happy with it. thank goodness because i have three more quilts to finish after this one and i don't like starting things off on a bad note.

1 comment:

  1. OH were did you find your elephant quilt? Cory would LOVE it!!!I am wanting to make my boys a quilt for Christmas. I was thinking about making a crazy quilt for Cory one that had just about every animal/thing that he loves... Does that sound silly or too much?

    ReplyDelete