Tuesday, September 22, 2009

a couple of stacks

i love to sit and sort through fabrics. even when i don't really need to. just to feel the different textures of the cotton and draw inspiration from the colors and patterns. it's almost therapeutic i think.

here are some of the lovely fabrics i will soon be quilting with. i think i am in love.

the majority of these fabrics are from heather ross. underwater sisters, seahorses, swim class, octupi and kelp forest from her mendocino collection. i have had a crush on these for a while now and will finally be using them. the pretty aqua fabric is pearl bracelet from lizzy house. i can think of a million things i would like to do with that fabric.



i can't wait to piece this quilt. the colors all just make me so happy.

i also love the colors in this stack. it's much softer but still cheery.

the first three as well as the stripes are from michelle engel bencsko's new line my happy meadow. it is organic cotton and oh so soft. this will be a fun one to make. i'm still working on a pattern decision.





and this has to be one of my favorite recent purchases. i love love love this fabric and am dying to get my hands on it in red. japanese imports are my favorites to browse through right now. the colors are just so beautiful and different. and the patterns are just plain fun to me!



do you have a fabric crush?

2 comments:

  1. I hope you don't mind me reading your blog I saw it on Sha blog and yes I have a thing for fabric only not for quilts, but I make handbags and I am totaly obsessed. Some are quilted and darn cute. I think I have about 13, they are fun to make and to give to someone special. Love your blog. Have a great day. By the way this is Raylene on Life's a Dance

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok I LOVE this fabric!! I have been looking all over online and i was wondering how you bought it all? from what i found you have to be a retailer or something to buy it... help! :)

    ReplyDelete